- This policy covers how the Event Services Association (TESA) treats personal information that TESA collects and receives, including information related to your past use of TESA products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that TESA does not own or control, or to people that TESA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- TESA collects personal information when you register with TESA, when you use TESA products or services, when you visit TESA pages and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. TESA may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, post code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some products and services we may also ask for your address. Once you register with TESA and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- TESA automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, TESA cookie information, and the page you request.
- TESA uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- TESA does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-member companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with TESA. These companies may use your information to help TESA communicate with you about offers from TESA. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- TESA displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- TESA does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- TESA advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- TESA works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- TESA may set and access TESA cookies on your computer.
- TESA lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to TESA's cookies.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- The TESA may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your TESA account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
The Event Services Association